Saturday, January 29, 2011
Week 1: Introduction
Hello! My name is Jenna. I am 23 years old and currently living in Loudoun county. This is my first year taking classes at NOVA. I am excited to be back in school after taking a few years off. I originally went to West Virginia University after high school, but I had no idea what I wanted to major in and had no goal to work towards. I moved here and began to work full time. While I'd prefer to work, I realize how essential a college education is in becoming who I want to be in life. I am working towards my Associates in Liberal Arts, and plan to transfer to George Mason to major in English and minor in Secondary Education. After much consideration, I really want to become an English teacher. I am interested in learning a lot from all of my classes, not just to pass, but to become a more well rounded person. The show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" really proves that if we don't continually keep up with our education, we can loose all the facts we learned growing up. I am interested to see how this online course will turn out. I feel I would do better going to class and listening to a lecture, but I think it is worth a shot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jenna:
ReplyDeleteThanks for setting up your blog. I just finished watching Pit Bull Boss--Shorty, on cable channel Animal Planet.
What is your companion's name?
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the course. I look forward to reading more from you.
N
Oh, cool I haven't watched that show yet. My pup's name is Logan. He's a Hungarian Vizsla and will be 2 in May. He's a very active breed, so he keeps me on my toes!
ReplyDelete